Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How can she be diagnosed and get some treatment for her fainting spells?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
My daughter has not been able to hold a job for some time. My husband just died in Dec. He was diagnosed with an aneurism in his brain that was inoperable, compliciated by a genetic hydrcephalis.(sp). My children were told to be tested for this. However this daughter has not been able to work and hasn't any insurance, but in the last two months has passed out 3 times and was sent to the hospital. But was always discharged without a diagnosis. How can she be diagnosed and get some treatment?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that You need to get her brain imaging done to look for any diagnosis. She can be having a plain syncopal attack , a brain seizure or she can be having all these due to drug abuse also. It will be very difficult to pin point one diagnosis but she should be investigated extensively . A MRI brain will be highly recommended , a neurological examination needs to be done to look for any neurological deficit . An EEG and Tilt table testing is also required . And definitely since she has temper problems angle of drug abuse is a major concern although you might not be aware of it . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor