Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can severe pain with a burning sensation in the foot be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1983

Answered : 1172 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My right foot has suddenly became incredibly painful. It feels like it’s burning. It started in 2 of toes and since getting up, it’s traveled to the soul of my foot. This really, really hurts. What can I do here? And no, I wear the same shoes I’ve always worn and my diet hasn’t changed. Can you help me?
Thank you in advance
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be slipped disc or spinal canal stenosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the details and in my opinion the burning pain in your toes and soul is not of local origin but may be from back- in some conditions like slipped disc or spinal canal stenosis.
I suggest you start pain killers , muscle relaxants and a combination of pregabalin and methycobalamine + Physiotherapy.
If you do not get relief in 7-10 days then go for MRI of lower back.
Thankx for the question . Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on