Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can severe pain in the arms be treated after a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10608 Questions
I have a metal plate in my upper arm from a severe fracture in 2011, recently I went down on my bicycle and hut my arm on the pavement, it wasn't a severe strike, but five days later it started to hurt and now two weeks later the pain is severe. Especially when I use my arm very much as well as extending my arm outward with my elbow slightly bent and my palm towards the ground.
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be tendon tear or a bone injury.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
The persistent pain in the arm even two weeks after the fall can be due to a tendon tear or a bone injury. This needs an X-ray and a CT scan to find the extent of injury that you have suffered. In case there is a swelling in the area then a bone injury is likely.
Do consult your physician for proper investigations and a specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor