How can severe pain in the arms be treated after a fall?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a metal plate in my upper arm from a severe fracture in 2011, recently I went down on my bicycle and hut my arm on the pavement, it wasn't a severe strike, but five days later it started to hurt and now two weeks later the pain is severe. Especially when I use my arm very much as well as extending my arm outward with my elbow slightly bent and my palm towards the ground.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be tendon tear or a bone injury.

Detailed Answer:
The persistent pain in the arm even two weeks after the fall can be due to a tendon tear or a bone injury. This needs an X-ray and a CT scan to find the extent of injury that you have suffered. In case there is a swelling in the area then a bone injury is likely.
Do consult your physician for proper investigations and a specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal