How can severe pain in the arms be treated after a fall?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have a metal plate in my upper arm from a severe fracture in 2011, recently I went down on my bicycle and hut my arm on the pavement, it wasn't a severe strike, but five days later it started to hurt and now two weeks later the pain is severe. Especially when I use my arm very much as well as extending my arm outward with my elbow slightly bent and my palm towards the ground.
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be tendon tear or a bone injury.

Detailed Answer:
The persistent pain in the arm even two weeks after the fall can be due to a tendon tear or a bone injury. This needs an X-ray and a CT scan to find the extent of injury that you have suffered. In case there is a swelling in the area then a bone injury is likely.
Do consult your physician for proper investigations and a specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal