• question-icon

How can severe pain after hip replacement surgery be managed?

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Im in terrible pain. Hip replacement 10 dats ago. Been taking 8x50 mg paracetamol and 4x30 mg codeine. No relief. Is there anything stronger i can buy OTC tmrw?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can try aleve additionally

Detailed Answer:

If the pain is intense then you can increase the frequency of painkillers. You can try Aleve every 8-12hourly in addition to this for relief.

However, stronger painkillers will only be available on prescription.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon