How can severe hot flashes be managed while on Premarin?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: What can i do to stop severe hot flashes, I'm 90 yrs old, have taken Premarin since 1974 now my Doctor won't prescribe me any. Never had any problem taken this Med.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dose adjustment or change in regimen required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Going by the mentioned symptoms it seems that you are suffering from hormone deprivation even though you are already on Premarin. Such a thing is commonly encountered in perimenopausal or post-menopausal women and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) provide relief. In your case you possibly need a dose adjustment or a change in medication. You need to visit a gynecologist to get evaluated and tested. He would be able to set up the right regimen for you.

Let me know if I could help further.