• question-icon

How can severe diarrhea be treated?

Posted on Sat, 1 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been suffering severe diarrhea and I'm checking to see if any of the meds I'm on is causing. I've lost complete control of my bowels, so severe that I have been hospitalized for the past three days. Stools were negative for c-diff & tests were ran for possible auto immune diseases, but no evidence was indicated.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
None of your medications is known to cause diarrhea!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed the list of your medications fully. There is no medication on here that causes diarrhea. I will suggest that you talk to a gastroenterologist for proper evaluation. Consider getting a colonoscopy with biopsy for in-depth evaluations. Endeavor to drink much water. Also, get your diet looked into for possible unfamiliar food types that might cause these symptoms.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah