How can severe cold, cough and sneezing in a child be treated?
Looks like cough and cold of viral cause.
Cough and cold are viral 95% of the times in children. For cold you can use anti-allergics like cetirizine and for nose block, saline nasal decongestants will do. Paracetamol can be given , that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
For cold you can use Cetrizine.
For nasal block, plain saline nasal drops will do, every 4-6th hourly to relive nasal congestion.
Hope my answer was helpful for you.
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Contact severe cold and flu
- I am suffering from severe cold and cough
- How to treat severe cold with stuffy nosedizzy and shaky
- What causes severe cold and cough every month
- Suffering from severe cold with cough and congestion
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- What is the treatment for severe cold and cough
- How to treat severe cold and itchy rash on arms
- Severe cold and flu medicine
- Severe cold cough headache dark mucus suggest
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?