How can severe burning sensation around the eyes and face be treated?
Kindly suggest any solution.
Hello. Thank you.
I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
She seems to have irritant dermatitis. Those dry, red, scaly patches on eyelids and lower face along with burning sensation are those of irritant dermatitis. Soaps, creams etc could be the inciting cause coupled with dry weather.
I suggest her to use a moderately potent topical steroid cream e.g Fluticasone Propionate (Flutivate cream). It is a prescription product.
Use a gentle cleanser e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion instead of the soap. Also, avoid all cosmetics on face e.g sunscreen etc. Though she may use a moisturizer.
Dr. Kakkar S., Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye cream burning sensation dry eyes
- Getting burning sensation in eye how to get relief
- Burning sensation in the eyes with headache
- Slight burning sensation in the eyes
- Treating severe dry eye
- Typhoid eye burning sensation
- Concerta and eye burning sensation
- Left eye burning sensation
- Burning sensation of eye due to dry eye
- Eye burning sensation and carcinoid