question-icon

How can severe acne be managed after getting rid of viral warts on my face?

Posted on 6 days ago
Question: hi

ive had acne for the last several years. i also had viral warts on my face which were burnt in 2009. now ive started getting a lot of acne
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Regarding treatment for acne

Detailed Answer:

For acne i would suggest you to use clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide combination gel (e.g Clindoxyl gel) during day time. At night you may use an adapalene with clindamycin combination gel (e.g Deriva CMS gel). Use a gentle cleanser for face wash e.g cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion. These are all prescription drugs. Beside these, since you have had a chronic problem with acne and if your acne is associated with scaring I would suggest you to take an oral Isotretinoin as well. It is an FDA approved drug for severe acne or acne that scars or acne that doesn't respond to usual antiacne medications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist