How can sciatica pain be treated despite being on spinal injections, undergoing laser surgery and physical therapy?
Surgery is the only option.
You have already tried steroids and spinal injections with no improvement. Now surgery is the last option left to relieve the pain of nerve compression.
Medicines like Tramadol and Pregabalin with Methylcobalamin supplements can help you temporarily till the time you plan for the surgery.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
TENS can help.
If surgery is not an option due to your physical condition then we are left with medicines like pregabalin or gabapentin and methylcobalamin supplements with alternative therapies like TENS or acupuncture.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is sciatica and how is it treated
- How to treat acute sciatica
- How is sciatica and low rbc treated
- Laser surgery for sciatica
- Neurobion injection for sciatica pain
- Sciatica pain after spinal fusion
- Injections for sciatica
- How to treat sciatica in both legs
- Sciatica pain injections
- How to treat sciatica and spinal canal stenosis
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?