How can schizophrenia be treated when patient is unwilling to be treated?

Psychiatrist
Question
hello sir my father(age 62 at present) is patient of Schizophrenia since 2000 at that time doctor prescribed sizodon liquid from 2000 till now we give him sizodon liquid in milk without his knowledge. We have asked so many time to visit doctor but he is not agree .physically he is healthy but last 17 years socially they do not meet friends ,relatives, not attending any social function etc(even in my marriage not attended)sometime he became angry with any small reason with my mother .so i asked to you that (now we provide him sizodon 60ml bottel complete 2 months )dose of above medicine if increased or not he is not ready to visit doctor. so what can we do . doctor are not hearing us without patient .and patient are not ready to come .what is the remedy
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The dose of sizodone liquid is 1-8 ml per day

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I agree with your point that many patients do not recognize their illness and fail to visit doctor due to poor insight (awareness about self and disease). At the same time no doctor is supposed to make a prescription for a patient without seeing him.

Being a doctor I can state that the dose of sizodon liquid is 1-8 ml per day and I think it can be increased in case of your father as he is currently taking one ml per day.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.