How can runny nose, sore throat, cough and fever be treated?
Possibly due to viral cause.Irrespective of treatment it may last for 7days
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due an allergic component. Treatment is supportive and usually comprises of antiallergic medication and mucolytic. The blocked nose is also due to the same cause. Giving Montair LC Kid (Monteleukast + Levocetirizine, prescription medicine) should help. Cetirizine is an over the counter alternative that can also be given instead. Some children are more prone to catching cold and recurrent episodes are seen. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.
Continue the humidifier. Use tepid sponging if body temperature is raised. Also give Paracetamol or Acetaminophen when needed.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with cough and runny nose
- Cough runny nose sore throat any medication
- Dengue fever sore throat runny nose
- Runny nose cough sore throat light headed
- Sore throat cough runny nose aching teeth
- Dry tickly cough sore throat and a runny nose
- Sore throat and runny nose
- Sore throat stuffy and runny nose fever
- Hsv1 sore throat cough runny nose
- Runny nose coughing sore throat