Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

193 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can red spots and bumps on the head and legs be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Eni

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 319 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What can you have if you start to get bumps on your head and red spots on your legs?
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably Folliculitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,
Thank you for posting on HealthcareMagic.

Your situation most probably may be due to a condition called Folliculitis (the inflamed and infected follicles of the hair).

This can happen in the scalp or in the body, especially the legs, as in your case. Folliculitis is very common for persons who swim in not so clean pools, people who shave head and legs and wear tights hats or tight pants.

Normally it should go away on its own for 10 days. Start to use a mild shampoo with tea tree oil.
If it doesn't you should get a topical antibiotic prescribed and topical antifungal creams or shampoo. Avoid using hats, wearing tights or shaving. Try to have a shower every day using the adequate shampoos.

If you have other questions, please feel free to post them.

Dr. Eni

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on