How can red bumps on the lips and gums be treated?
Without seeing what you are describing, I can only go on what is the most common cause of tingling and then bumps in the oral area and that is oral herpes (Herpes Simplex I).
This can cause clusters of tiny painful blisters and it is usually preceded by a tingling sensation.
I suggest you go to an urgent care clinic today where they can have a look and if it looks like a herpetic outbreak, they will give you a prescription antiviral medication.
The sooner it is started the better it will work for shortening the duration of the outbreak and the intensity of it. But it does not cure it.
Many people have herpes simplex I, usually gotten as children, but not all get outbreaks, and not all get recurrent outbreaks.
It is more likely to come out during times of stress (physical or emotional).
So do consider going in to have it looked at in person.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis