Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can recurrent bladder infection with bad breath and bad urine smell be treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? I'm a very healthy person, I've always gotten bladder infections growing up, but now they are very frequent and My pee also smells, and I feel like Im having to brush my teeth five times a day, because my breath will start to smell. This is disgusting to me and I'm freaking out! Should I be worried, I can't get into the doctors till next week.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 40 minutes later

Thanks for query.

As you said you are having frequent bladder infection, I hope this diagnosed by your doctor and not just your presumption.

Repeated urine infection is common in females,but bladder infection needs proper evaluation and treatment accordingly. Some times both the partners need treatment if you are married.

You may need to see a urologist and get your self properly evaluated. Some tests like blood counts,urine routine and urine culture and ultrasound for kidneys and bladder is needed to have complete diagnosis and proper treatment.

You need to take antibiotic for longer period in case of bladder infection. The recent problem of having bad smell in urine may be because of infection.

Please have more of fluids, do not avoid urination for long time, maintain proper local hygiene. Take good diet and maintain general hygiene also. Use protection during sex.

The bad breath that you have might be due to some infection in gums or gastric problem. You can use any mouth wash for removing this bad breath. Avoid foods with specific tests, and take light diet. Do not forget to gargle properly after any food you take.

For bladder infection you have to visit a doctor. Sooner is better, as the time passes by the bacteria will multiply and can lead to more problem.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor