How can potassium levels be increased?
fruit, low salt diet
Hello and thank you for your question. You do not say why you are on the lasix but if you must be on a diuretic it may be more helpful for you to be on something like spironolactone which actually is a diuretic that raises potassium.
If you must be on lasix then eating plenty of fruit, especially berries can raise your potassium especially if you are on a very strict low salt diet.
Consider the DASH diet which you can find online to help with the low salt diet.
I wish you the best and let me know if you have further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Increased potassium level causes
- How to control potassium level
- How to increase potassium levels
- How to monitor potassium levels
- How to boost potassium levels
- How to increase potassium absorption
- Potassium sprem levels increase
- Symptoms of Increased potassium level
- How to balance potassium levels
- Diagnosis of Increased potassium level
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?