• question-icon

How can plantar fasciitis be treated?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had foot surgery in 2000.for a foot tumor between my 2nd & 3rd toes. Consequently a hammertoe developed in the 2nd toes of the same foot. Then a round area on the ball of the foot developed that hurt. I thought it was a callus and would work on it with an emery board. A podiatrist cut it open and removed a small piece of something and I did no hurt again for months. Then it came back with a vengeance! In addition my three toes (not the great one) seem to want to cross each other and are painful!. I've been told by a nurse practioner during my well person exam that it is a plantar facitis, needs surgery and runs deep into the foot, even though it is in the ball of my foot, not the heel. I'm confused -can't sleep' without a sleeping bill--ready to have surgery if that is what will help. Do you have any other suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Plantar fascitis requires surgical interventions.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Plantar fascitis is indeed a condition calling for surgical interventions on urgent basis. The fibrous fascial sheath called plantar fascia needs to be released. The surgery will help and you should go ahead with it. Do not seek any other option.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha