How can persistent sore throat and productive cough be treated during 11 weeks pregnancy?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

I am 11 weeks pregnant . And have been suffering from acute sore throat, phelm and cough. It has been more than two weeks. My gynac doctor gave me Augumentin 625, Relent, and crocin advance for 7 days. It had subsided. But I feel it is recurring. My head is contiously heavy and with headache. Not sure what to do. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:

From the complaints it seems to be chronic pharyngitis or tonsillitis.

It is advisable to avoid any medicines during pregnancy. It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.

Use Hexidine gargles and take tablet vitamin-C once daily.

Follow up with the required information. Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
ENT Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D