How can persistent sore throat and productive cough be treated during 11 weeks pregnancy?
I am 11 weeks pregnant . And have been suffering from acute sore throat, phelm and cough. It has been more than two weeks. My gynac doctor gave me Augumentin 625, Relent, and crocin advance for 7 days. It had subsided. But I feel it is recurring. My head is contiously heavy and with headache. Not sure what to do. Please advise.
From the complaints it seems to be chronic pharyngitis or tonsillitis.
It is advisable to avoid any medicines during pregnancy. It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Use Hexidine gargles and take tablet vitamin-C once daily.
Follow up with the required information. Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat sore throat
- Productive cough mucus for 2 weeks
- Productive cough treatment pregnancy
- Pregnancy and productive cough
- Productive coughing with 36 weeks pregnant
- How to treat cough and sore throat
- Persistent sore throat and cough
- Productive cough for 2 weeks
- How to treat cough sore throat and sinus congestion
- Sore throat dry cough 36 weeks pregnancy