How can persistent fever, chest congestion, tooth and ear pain be treated?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 25 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I think I have a sinus infection. I have tooth and ear pain, I've been congested since Wednesday and I have a fever. I have been taking Mucinex D, and my fever broke Friday night but now I am back to 100.6. I have tried many things and it isn't getting better
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May need antibiotics and anti histamines

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be acute attack of upper respiratory tract infection complicated by spread to sinuses and congestion or inflammation of eustachian tube which connects middle ear to throat can cause ear ache or bloakcage due to variations of air pressures between inside and outside of ear drum.

X-ray PNS is better to confirm sinusitis. Current gravity of symptoms indicate need of antibiotics like azithromycin or coamoxiclav. Using nasal decongestants and anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine alongwith OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can be helpful.

Steam inhalations and XXXXXXX warm saline water gargles will help. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana