How can painful bowel movements due to anal fissure be treated?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have got mild anal fissure.... last week for 2days I had less water due that I got fissure... it's been 1 week.. while passing stool it pains and there will be slight blood... now I'm breastfeeding, I'm having minimum 3 Lt water and stool is soft.... please suggest some ointments for its recovery
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep applying vaseline in and around the anal area

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From your query it seems that your main problem is pain during defecation. Bleeding is slight.

I will suggest the following:
- Apply Anobliss cream to help with pain 5 min before defecation or whenever painful
- To help heal the fissure better, you can apply Anovate cream 2 times a day for few days. It is a steroidal preparation. Avoiding washing the area after applying the cream.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 days later
Thanks... I had C-section delivery... how many weeks after delivery it's safe for intercourse
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can let the wound heal

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

There is in general no specific rule. Mostly comfort level increases after 6-8 weeks of delivery. But you are the best person to decide that. Some women allow complete healing for 3 months.

Also precautions be taken to avoid next pregnancy.

Hope it helps.
Dr Vaishalee