Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

122 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can pain in the shin area on both legs while walking along with ankle pain be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1969

Answered : 2452 Questions

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in my shins when ankle also hurts after walking or standing..I can t even bend or XXXXXXX without pain
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Achilles Tendinitis

Detailed Answer:


As far as your clinical history is concerned please follow this:

1) Do a physical examination by your treating doctor [Orthopedic] and for proper diagnosis get X-ray and ultrasound done.

2) Take OTC painkiller [Ibuprofen] and discuss about physio-therapies like exercises and orthotic devices.

3) Discuss about surgical procedures if there is no result in conservative treatment.

Follow lifestyle modifications like this:

1) Try to increase your activity level gradually if you are doing any exercise.

2) Try to avoid activities that place excessive stress on your tendons, such as hill running. If you participate in a strenuous activity, warm up first by exercising at a slower pace. If you notice pain during a particular exercise, stop and rest.

3) Choose your shoes carefully and replace your worn-out shoes.

4) Try to stretch daily. Take time to stretch your calf muscles and Achilles tendon in the morning, before exercise and after exercise to maintain flexibility.

5) Try to strengthen your calf muscles.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo
General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on