How can pain in the knees, back and buttocks be treated?

Question
I have back pain tha went to my knee. Can hardly stand straight if I bend backwards sharp pain on lower right side by buttocks when I stand my knee has great pain and seems to be swollen but you don't see it just feel it take. Pain pills but that do sent seem to help sitting down so ok but not great
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It's can be nerve pain due to nerve impaction or osteoarthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be nerve pain due to entrapment of nerve roots with in lubmar spine vertebrae due to weakening of bones like in osteoporosis or osteoarthritis but swelling of knee also needs to be probed for other types of arthritis and uric acid levels. Xrays of knee and lumbar spine would be needed after a detailed orthopedician review.

OTC analgesics like acetaminophen may help but if pain persists more potent analgesics like tramadol or gabapentin may be needed. supplements for calcium, vitamin D3 and bisphonates may also be beneficial.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards