Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

154 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can pain in lower abdomen and difficulty in passing urine be treated when diagnosed with an ureteric calculus?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9744 Questions

Posted on Fri, 10 Aug 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i am 41 years old and since yesterday i have lower right abdomen pain and feeling obstration in urination. 1.3 years back, a calculus of 5.7 mm was traved in right lower ureter. please suggest medicine and pain killer as pain is regular. plz find attached report (1.3 years back)
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The stone detected earlier in lower ureter has mostly slipped in Bladder

Detailed Answer:

Hello, Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’.

Thanks for query and uploading your earlier scan report.

The pain in lower abdomen and difficulty in passing urine that you have now is mostly due to the stone which was detected earlier (2016) in right lower ureter has slipped down in to urinary bladder and difficulty in passing urine is mostly due to the same stone getting impacted at bladder neck.

You need to consult qualified Urologist and get ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and pelvis done to assess the present size of stone. If the stone is larger than previous size you may need to get it removed or fragmented by an endoscopic procedure of what is called as Endoscopic Cystolithotripsy.

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and regards.

Dr. Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on