Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

177 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can pain from concussions, broken neck and a slipped pelvic disc be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 1546 Questions

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Cancer
Question: my daughter is 40 years old. she has had many physical injuries, three serious concussions, broken neck, now has plate and screws in her neck, one concussion was from a 40 lb pork roast that fell out of a freezer while she was down on her knees cleaning the freezer, broken facets in her upper neck, she rolled a loader on the job working construction and received another concussion. Had her lower back injured while working construction when she was helping to throw a man hole cover off of the back of a pickup. Her co-worker threw his end of the cover and she didn't let go. has desiccated discs in L2 and L3 and spinal stenosis. She broke her neck when she was thrown from a horse, and another concussion. Pelvis would slip out of place while she was pregnant with her only child. He is 11 now. she has constant pain and debilitating headaches. she lives on muscle relaxers, Adderall, morphine, trazadone, and pain killers. Now she is losing the use of her left arm due to constant pain in the upper part of her arm below the shoulder. Can't stand to even bump it or use her arm without excruciating pain.What can I do to help relieve her pain and suffering. Her pelvis still slips out on occasion. She has a good doctor now. She also has access to a pain clinic but the last rx they tried her on only caused serious hallucinations and kept her in a groggy stupor. She has been dropped by a few doctors because she has so many problems they don't feel like they can help her. Now her insurance refuses to allow her to have an MRI on her arm to diagnose the specific cause of her pain. I have thought of chiropractors and massage therapy. She has done physical therapy however that causes more pain than it helps. she is afraid of going to any more doctors. what to do? I worry about overdose and her depression is bad.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. She requires alternative therapies

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand your concern. Since she has received a lot of analgesics including opioids, in. My opinion she will help from alternative therapy like acupressure and yoga. Still however, analgesics needs to be continued to tide over the crisis period. This can be done by shifting her to opioids as patient controlled analgesia pump. You can discuss this option from your doctor as well. Alternative therapies take time to work, but they help in long run.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on