• question-icon

How can pain during penetrative sex be treated?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Dear Doctor
Last week I was having an intimate moment with my fiance (She is 25 and I'm 29) and wanted to have sex. But my penis couldn't go inside . She felt a lot of pain so I withdrew my penis.
The factors that I felt could be :
1.Although my penis was pretty shaft was rock hard , I felt the head to be soft .
2. It was first time for both of us and I felt it too tight I couldn't even enter.That might be due to softness
3. A lot of precum discharge already happened and I wasn't able to find a proper way to enter

Please suggest some remedy considering these cases

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regarding your concerns related to sexual intercourse

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist and venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Pain during penetrative sex is due to lack of adequate lubrication since lower 1/3rd of vagina is the most sensitive part. Lack of foreplay could be the reason for inadequate lubrication and moreover since most of the lubrication required for sexual intercourse comes from the female genitalia rather than from male precum. So my advice for you would be to indulge in a bit of foreplay prior to penetrative sex to facilitate lubrication. This would not only make the two of you comfortable with each other but would also lower performance anxiety as well as facilitate penetration.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Thanks.for the response doctor.We had ample foreplay as well. While feeling her vagina I could see it was wet from outside. I'm really not sure is it because of anxiety of pain .
Also I felt my penis head couldn't go in due to some softness.
Are there any medicines I need to take ?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Fine. There does'nt seem to be any major issue.
My advice would be to be a bit slow with her in vaginal penetration. Sometimes anxiety/ fear of painful sex or other psychological issues can lead to contraction of vaginal muscle and painful sex. If it continues to be a concern she may consult a gynecologist who may suggest some vaginal exercises.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist