Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can pain be reduced when passing blood clots through urinary track?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would suggest a strong opiod analgesic like tramadol for such severe pains. However there is no drug to eliminate blood clots, one has to get bladder wash done regularly by passing catheter.
The ideal thing to do would be to approach a pain clinic, these clinics are usually run by anasthetist specially for cancer pain. They are authorised to prescribe morphine tablets which is an excellent pain killer.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further ones

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can pain be reduced when passing blood clots through urinary track? 2 hours later
where can i find one of these pain clinics in the toronto region
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 51 minutes later

I am sorry but I am not very familiar with Toronto. All major hospitals will have pain clinics in them, please check with your physician for reference. I wouldn't want to misguide you to someone I am not sure of.

Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor