How can onychomycosis be treated?

Posted on Tue, 13 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: MY NAIL ON MY SMALL FINGER HAS A THINNING, INDENTION, CONCAVE ALMOST SEPARATION LOOKING FOR THE ENTIRE CUTICLE (NO PAIN, NO DISCOLORATION) . OF WHAT IS THIS SMPTOMATIC?

OTHER FINGER NAILS, INCLUDING THIS ONE, HAS APPEARED TO BE THINNER THAN IN THE PAST, AND EACH HAS A RIDGE LIKE SURFACE, GOING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE GROWTH.

THIS IS THE FIRST WEIRDNESS OR DEFORMATY OF ANY OF THE TEN NAILS.have fungal deformity on both big TOE nails.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Onychomycosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Probably you have developed onychomycosis, fungal infection of nails.
I treat such cases with a combination of oral and topical antifungal medication.
X combination of topical antifungal cream like clotrimazole to be applied twice daily and tablet fluconazole 150 mg per week work well.
This combination is safe and effective.
You need to take the treatment for at least 9 months.
If possible upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist