How can one wean off Pramipexole-ER to avoid intermittent nausea?

Dr. Soujanya

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 in Mental Health
Question: Taking 1,5 mg pramixprole ER.. want to wean myself off due to on and off days of feeling nauseous.. started second week of January.. not sure why I read such nightmare reviews of weaning off the drug
Answered by Dr. Soujanya 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can prevent withdrawal symptoms if you wean off gradually.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern towards your drug weaning off procedure. I can assure you that withdrawal symptoms can be prevented if you wean off gradually as advised by a professional, so, there is nothing to worry. Please let me know the indication for which it has been started, so that I can advise you the tapering procedure.

Usually, it has to be weaned off in around 4 weeks, to prevent it's unwanted withdrawal symptoms. Anyway, the total duration of drug intake is also very less in your case, so there is absolutely nothing to worry.

Hope this information would help you.

Thank you.

Dr. Soujanya
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T