How can one prepare for rectocele repair surgery?
Regular exercise and a healthy diet will help.
Rectocele repair surgery is a vaginal repair surgery in which no external stitches are needed. Only vaginal stitches are there. The recovery usually takes 5-7 days and you can be ambulatory from 48 hours after the surgery.
To have an early recovery you can start with abdominal and respiratory exercises like abdominal breathing and deep breathing exercises, straight leg raising, etc. Having a light and easy to digest diet will help. Having proper antibiotics and multivitamin supplements are also necessary for an early recovery.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How safe is robotically assisted surgery for rectocele repair
- Problems after rectocele surgery
- Cystocele and rectocele surgery recovery time
- Risks of rectocele surgery
- Recovery from rectocele surgery
- Can surgery for rectocele be postponed
- Exercise after rectocele repair
- Surgery for rectocele
- How risky is a second prolapse surgery have rectocele
- Surgery for rectocele and cystocele
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...