• question-icon

How can one overcome, fear, anger, lack of confidence, loneliness and depression?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jun 2019 in Mental Health
Question: Hello sir i am metaly sick.I am am fearful and anger person.when some one use wrong for me and laugh at me for my previouse faults ,i get helpless and can not face them.my hand n legs are being saking n neck is drying.sir i am thirty years old my confidence level zero . Sir i am very unhappy and alone.sir i want to live happy ,fearless and confident life.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
These symptoms could be occurring due to depression and anxiety.

Detailed Answer:

Symptoms like persistent fear, irritability, inability to take jokes, sensitivity in social situations, loss of confidence, shakiness of extremities when you have to face someone etc., could be occurring due to some underlying anxiety disorder. These symptoms are resulting in distress and are resulting in loss of confidence. This is the reason for the depressed mood that you have.

For these symptoms I'd advise you to consult a psychiatrist. For depression and anxiety commonly SSRI drugs are used. Escitalopram, Fluoxetine etc., are commonly used drugs for depression and anxiety. These drugs if taken regularly will help to improve your mood and will help to boost your confidence. These drugs will help you in remaining calm in anxiety provoking situations. A lot of individuals remain skeptical about starting psychiatric drugs but these drugs are safe to use and have no serious side effects. So please talk with a doctor and take proper treatment of these symptoms.

Apart from this counselling sessions and cognitive therapy with a good psychologist can also be utilized for depression symptoms. This will help to boost your confidence and you will be able to lead a normal and confident life.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thanks and take care.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist