How can one lose weight, especially the fat around the stomach and thighs?
Weight loss is only possible with diet and exercise. Contact a nutritionist and calculate your BMI and targeted ideal weight. Then, a daily calorie intake would be prescribed for you, accordingly please get a diet chart made, considering your lifestyle and food choices.
Cardiovascular exercise, at least 30 minutes a day, for at least 5 days a week, should be done. This can include - gymming, skipping, swimming, zumba, aerobic exercises, treadmill, running, jogging etc.
For particular areas, get a trainer who can teach tailor-made exercises for that area. Generally, avoid high carbohydrate or high fat containing food - such as rice, potatoes, oily food, fried food etc.
Take lots of proteins - tell me if you are vegetarian or non vegetarian, so that I can suggest accordingly.
Also, consume at least 1 litre water for every 20 kg of your body weight.
All the best. Hope this helps. Please feel free to discuss further.
Dr. Aarti Abraham
Please include fish, grilled chicken and egg white in your diet. Avoid red meat and oily or spicy curries.
Get a diet chart formulated.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Aarti Abraham
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?