How can one know if something is abnormal in an ECG report when it is taken after experiencing sweating and nausea?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Mon, 12 Aug 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor,

I felt uneasy in office, little bit sweating in the forehead, Heart rate record with the phone was 114 bpm. I was worried and was stressed and had the nauseating feeling. Assuming that the symptoms are related to heart attack, I visited a doctor in an hour and took an ECG. The doctor confirmed that the ECG is normal, IN ECG the interpretation was "R/S inversion area between V5 & V6, borderline ECG. Attaching the ECG report.
The BP at that time was 160/100

I am already taking Roseday 10mg and Eritel ln 40 everyday morning. He said the pain in the shoulder could be muscle ache and its a case of alcoholic gastritis. Given me a Razo injection.

Can you confirm that there is nothing wrong with the ECG?
Also, should I increase the dosage of BP tablet?
What needs to be done to bring ur heart rate down.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained below

Detailed Answer:

I have seen your ECG and it is normal. As you are already taking medicines, there is no need to increase the dose right now. If you are having consistently high BP then your dose has to be altered.

Your present symptoms maybe due to stress.

I would suggest you drink 4 liters of water everyday. Deep breathing exercise and regular walking. Avoid salty and fatty food.

I hope this answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kampana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 22 minutes later
I get always worried when I get a left shoulder pain or if my heart rate goes a bit up, pain in the chest area and sweating I relate all these symptoms to the Heart attack

Can you help me understand what are the actual symptoms of the heart attack you need to be aware? Will really help full.

Also, what should be the altered dose for BP.

What are the deep breathing excercise?

What is the XXXXXXX heart rate you can have while excercising.

Answered by Dr. Kampana 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained below

Detailed Answer:

Symptoms of heart attack are extreme pain or pressure in the chest leading to shortness of breath or breathlessness, lightheadedness, nausea, extreme fatigue and breaking out into a cold sweat.

An altered dose is dosing your medicine according to your BP. If you are having high BP in your next three BP measurements your dose may have to be increased, or if you are having low BP your dose will have to be decreased.

Deep breathing exercises are 10 minute exercise preferably done while lying down or it can be done while sitting. You inhale slowly till the count of 5 to 10 and exhale till the count of 5 to 10. Repeat for 3 to 5 times.

Maximum heart rate while exercising for your age and your fitness level is between 92 to 150 bpm.

I hope this answered your query.

Dr. Kampana