How can nipple discharge be treated despite negative pregnancy test results?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I was due to get my implanon out mid this month iv been feeling a little nauseous headache and had milky discharge from my left nipple I thought I could be pregnant so I went today to the doctors got a test and my implanon removed while I was there the test was negative the doctor didn’t discuss my symptoms or suggest another appointment or further action, I was concerned about the nipple discharge because iv always had large breasts I’m a 16f if that’s relevant,, I’m a 22 yr old female roughly 165cms tall 80kg take no medication no allergies or medical conditions that I know of except low blood pressure and low iron I was told by the same doctor witch again wasn’t concerned or gave me anything for it, any advice would be appreciated
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Mild nipple discharge and the symptoms that you are having are all non specific symptoms and if the pregnancy test is negative then pregnancy is ruled out. The nipple discharge can happen due to breast stimulation and other symptoms can be attributed to gastritis. You can wait for 5-7 days and see if the discharge subsides on its own. Repeating the urine test after a week will also help in ruling out the pregnancy completely.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
sorry none of your response were helpful nor do I understand what you mean by pregnancy rulled out or non specific symptoms or any of it
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since your pregnancy test was negative, you are not pregnant and the symptoms that you have- nausea or discharge is likely to improve on its own in next few days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
So there is no reason for my symptoms why would they go away in a few days if I dunno what’s causing it I’ve felt like this for days before I went to the doctors
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic treatment will help.

Detailed Answer:
Some of the problems are self limiting and are associated with common problems like gastritis. So these will improve with symptomatic treatment and dietary changes.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng