How can mouth ulcers during pregnancy be treated?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: hi I am 7 weeks pregnant now i am having mouth ulcers in my throat area & on side of my tongue. I have Vitamin B12 deficiency problem for which doc has prescribed me Tab Maxum. I have taken 2 doses of the same medicine. is that safe during pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is safe medicine to use during pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Yes,you can take maxum tablet safely during pregnancy but long term use only recommended under supervision.
If you are non vegetarian, you can take red meat for vitamin b12 deficiency.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 8 minutes later
I am a pure veggie. what will help to improve my Vitamin B12 level. please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Milk,yogurt and cheese contain vitamin b12.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Only milk,yogurt,cheese contain vitamin b12.
If you can take egg it also contain vitamin b12.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 40 minutes later
ok thanks a lot Madam.

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear
You are always welcome.
Good luck.