• question-icon

How can mild headache and fever be treated?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,

I'm having fever since yesterday afternoon. It started with mild headache and feverish. I started taking rest. But fever started increasing from 3pm and it was started reducing around 11.

I'm still having fever. I prefer not to take medicine for fever. Is that somthing I am doing wrong?

Should I consult a doctor? Or if you can suggest some medicine also that will be good.

I'm from XXXXXXX XXXX.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow the Advises...

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX, Welcome back to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

As per your description, these symptoms mostly pointing towards an impending viral/bacterial influenza...

Take ample rest...also please stay away from any direct exposure of A/C ducts as well as over-crowded places for the time-being...

Drink plenty of water(luke warm preferred) to remain well hydrated...

You need to take PARACETAMOL (Eg. Dolo/Crocin etc.) 650mg three times daily after food for the fever (take it for at least next 2-3 days and observe how you stay)...

Try to avoid cold drinks, dairy products, sour foods for the time being...

Since you haven't mentioned anything about a sore throat/runny nose/hoarseness of voice/cough etc., so I suppose you're not having any of those complaints...

However, put a pinch of salt in XXXXXXX warm water and gargle twice daily for the time being...

However, if at all observed any further worsening of the symptoms, recurrence of fever, rash over any parts of the body, then I'd strongly suggest getting yourself clinically evaluated by any Internal medicine specialist or at any nearby healthcare facility as you may be needing antibiotic therapy and further investigations to rule out any tropical infections(specially mosquito borne infections which are quite prevalent during this time) in that scenario...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist