How can lymphedema in the legs of an obese person be treated?
P'eau d'orange appearance of lymphedema
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history, seen the photos and understood the concerns.
These bumps are characteristic of lymphedema.
Lymphedema is due to inability of the lymphatic channels to carry the lymph form the tissue spaces.
Hence the fluid is retained. This balloons up the subcutaneous spaces but is limited by the attachment of the hair follicles, sebaceous glands and fibrous supporting strands giving this typical appearance as you have posted as photos.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of lymphedema lower leg
- Physicians that treat lymphedema
- How to treat rash caused by a mild lymphedema
- Lymphedema lower legs
- Lymphedema sleeves for the legs
- Leg lymphedema treatment swelling
- Leg lymphedema causes
- Lymphedema leg wrapping procedure
- Treatment of lymphedema of legs
- Bilateral leg lymphedema