• question-icon

How can lower back pain be treated?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Pain Management
Question: I have very bad arthritis, I was given by my MD percocet 7.5mg tab , fentelal patch( do not remember stregth) After I take the above that meds my md perscribed can take another percoset about an hour after the last on. 205 lbs,bp117/76/, 70 years old. Am not a druggy, etc.. Have had tthis arthrits about35 years and bent all over. My wonderful md is on vacation . Iam Just having too much paln right now.
Thank you,
XXXXXXX XXXX

The person whose letter above is not me. Some one signed my maiden name to it.
My info is too much like the above. Except for the awful pain in my lower back. That letter could have been written by my MD. XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
That is fine hope the information was helpful for your M.D and she feels better.

Detailed Answer:
Hope you feel better soon,

You may try gentle massaging with topical anti-inflammatory gels and a muscle relaxant will be fine.

Also avoid heavy lifting, bad sitting or sleeping postures and the pain will subside within days else an MRI scan for better evaluation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon