How can low libido be treated?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: I have been suffering from low libido since sometime, which has also resulted in low confidence and frequent early ejaculation (less than one minute but not always).

Also i don't get the urge/ energy to have sex a second time after i have climaxed once.

I suspect the reason being mental stress arising out of family health problems.

Could i take some medicine/ supplements to boost my urge and longevity?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes but managing stress will be better option

Detailed Answer:
Dear Zahhor,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I feel that eliminating the stress will be better option to improve your sex life rather than medications. Having said this I like to clarify that medications are useful but without acting on the cause eliminating the problem will be difficult.

You are right to state that stress could be cause as Stress is most prominent enemy of sex life for mankind. This is important to know as without identifying the cause, problem can not be solved in complete manner.

I am writing down few of the strategies that will help you in management of stress leading to reduction of your stress level.

1. Diet: Ensure intake of adequate quantity of fiber. 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits( One preferable citrus fruit). Avoid junk food and fast food especially pizza, burgers and excessive sweets

2. Ensure adequate water intake: Recommended intake of water is 2 to 3 liter a day.

3. Early morning Exercise: Brisk walking for 30 minutes at a stretch preferably in garden will be very helpful. Make it a daily habit and incorporate in your lifestyle. Believe me it makes wonders. There is no need to go to gym or use any expensive workout instruments.

4. Avoid tea/coffee/ nicotine and alcoholic beverages: If at all you want to drink something, drink fresh lime water.

5. Start your day with a glass of Lemon water with 2 spoons of honey added. have a good breakfast.

6. Don't take work so seriously: We all have the feeling to excel in our respective fields and don't spend adequate time with our own self trying to understand our own needs.
Spend time with your family and friends.

7. While working take frequent regular breaks: Take break for 5 minutes every 30 minutes.
Close your eyes and rotate the eye balls for couple of minutes

8. Avoid late night socialization

9. Avoid starring for longer time at the computer screen or TV for longer time

10. Steam inhalation before going to sleep will be very refreshing.

11. Multivitamin and Calcium supplement.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.