How can low hemoglobin level along with pus cells and RBC in urine of a 3-year-old be treated?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Wed, 12 Sep 2018 in Child Health
Question: hello doctor my baby girl having 3 years old is showing ph level 6.5 in urien and protien trace and rbcs are 35-40 hpf. tc in blood is 13800cells/cumm. pcv is 28.8% and mcv is 57.6cubic micron. please advice whether i have to consult a specialist .in such a case which specialist i have to consult and what is went wrong in my child
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine report is suggestive of infection.

Detailed Answer:

The blood report shows low hemoglobin most likely due to iron deficiency anemia. The urine report shows pus cells and RBC which is suggestive of urinary tract infection.

Here, I would suggest you to consult a pediatrician for further evaluation like blood iron profile, urine culture report, ultrasound KUB and management accordingly.

In most of the cases it improves with treatment with antibiotic, plenty of fluid and iron supplementation.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Pradeep Kumar
Pediatrician, Cardiology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana