How can loud snoring be managed?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 6 Jul 2019 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi there, about once or twice a month a have nights where I seem to be snoring and quite loudly in fact... I’m not to sure what the cause of this is but perhaps you could advise? Is there anything you could recommend or prescribe to assist? The snoring really bothers my wife so if there’s anything I can do then I’d like to explore that. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion, occasional snoring indicates there is an extra flap of tissue which obstructs your airway in certain positions. This set of problems need to explore where is that loose tissues and what can be done to that tissue.

In my opinion, this needs to be evaluated properly before recommending anything. In fact, there is no empirical treatment and every individual need different treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj