How can lab reports of a pregnant women who is suffering from fever, cold and cough be interpreted?
Please upload reports here...
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I don't see reports attached to the query here. There is a report sent through another query which was answered by a gynecologist. I am not sure if you referred to the same here.
Nevertheless, I will insist to upload reports to this query using upload option. Further more may I know since when are you suffering with fever? Do you have increased urination/burning sensation while passing urine?
These are separate tests. Please refer these.
I went through the reports with diligence. The reports are positive for 'Influenza A' Virus which is responsible for season flu (common flu). The tests is negative for the serious swine flu/bird flu type.
Besides it, she also has severe anemia (Hb - 8 along with low MCV, MCH and Hematocrit values). Low lymphocyte count is part of viral infection.
Besides these two, rest of test results are unremarkable.
Before I give my final opinion, I would like to know answers to my earlier questions. How long is she suffering with fever? And does she have the urinary complaints mentioned earlier?
Is her current medication mentioned in the query, appropriate.
Medications are ok.
Influenza is a viral infection and antibiotics don't work it. It is commonly treated symptomatically. Therefore use of Paracetamol (Crocin); cough syrup and antihistamine is appropriate. Specific antiviral drugs are used in limited cases and not necessary in her case.
Besides current infection, her anemia needs attention. If she is not on iron supplements, she needs to be started on it. If she is already on supplements, then you may discuss about Erythropoietin injections with her gynecologist.
Dr. Prasad, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throat pain cough fever no cold
- Suffering from cold and fever
- Recurring cold cough and fever
- Need medication for cold cough and fever
- Baby fever cold hand cough
- Suffering from slight fever cold coughing and weakness
- Ibugesic cold cough fever
- Fever cold hands cough
- Repetitive cough cold fever
- Pregnant cold cough fever
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...