How can jaundice be prevented in a newborn?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: hi doc
my baby is 7 days old and diagnosed with jaindice mg17/dl.she has been admitted in hospital for a day.waanted to know what future precautions shall we take?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Before giving my opinion about this,I want to know something about your baby.
Is he full term?
Weight of baby?
Blood group?
Any problems during pregnancy?
Normal delivery or c-section?
Any problem to mother during pregnancy?
On breastfeeding or top feed?
Haemodynamically stable or not?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 3 days later
yes she is a full term baby and birth weight was 3.2kgs. b+ blood grp without any complications to mother or baby.delivered through c sec.was mostly on top feed , now started breast feed andis haemodynamically stable
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep under observation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for answering my questions but with your answers it is clear baby is almost fine although having high bilirubin levels.
So in my opinion you just keep watch on him and get baby test time to time.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.