How can itching, inflammation and dryness of the nipples be treated?

Question
For the past few months I have had a problem with my nipples being extremely itchy and often. There is no visible dry skin or redness. I am a 50 year old male
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Jogger’s nipple

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Taking for granted what you refer, i.e. absence of a rash, scaling or chaffing, I would conclude it is a case of jogger’s nipple, caused by wearing loose fitting shirts during running or other everyday activities, causing frequent friction and resulting in intense itching. Wearing tight fitting shirts and rubbing baby oil on the area should solve the problem.

However, if there were any visible skin changes, the answer would be different. If that were the case I would strongly recommend you see a doctor for further examination.

I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any further questions.

Wishing you good health and a happy new year.