How can itching in penis be treated?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have a very itchy penis and rectum. I understand from previous history the itching in rectum could be due to some anxiety but this itch in penis is something new. I do not have any other internal irritation. Can you suggest which doctor to visit ? Is it an urologist or physican or skin specialist ?
Answered by Dr. Kampana 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Maybe fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

It looks like a fungal infection. I would suggest you to apply Mycostatin ointment on the affected areas twice daily for 1 week. You can take Tab. Albendazole 400 mg once in the night and repeat the dose after 2 weeks to deworm.

Include lots of curds and yogurt in your diet.

You can visit a physician/ dermatologist for a detailed examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana