question-icon

How can intermittent pain in the right lower leg be treated?

Posted on Fri, 27 Nov 2020
Question: I have a pain in my right lower leg which appears after sitting. It happens when I stand up then gradually decreases. First occurrence this morning then again right now.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

A muscle cramp, follow the advice.

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms seem to be related a muscle problem.
It can be related to overuse of the muscle, injury, tight wear etc.

Some advice that I can give to you is:

-try pain relievers like Ibuprofen.
-try local gels like Voltaren gel for a local relief
-warm baths can help with blood circulation
-don't overuse your leg and try to keep it elevated.

If you see symptoms like swelling and redness in the area we can suspect for a diagnosis related to a blood clot and a physical examination is needed. So, in this case, I suggest you see an angiologist for an examination.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi