How can influenza A be treated?

Question
I've been diagnosed with influenza A. What should I expect concerning symptoms, duration. treatments, etc
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
symptoms may last from 3days to 2 weeks
Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns.. Influenza A is unlike a common cold, it usually comes on suddenly. Symptoms can be moderate to severe and typically include fever, chills, nonproductive cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle and body aches, headache and fatigue. Some patients may also experience vomiting and diarrhea.. fever and body aches usually last 3 to 5 days, but the cough and fatigue may last up to 2 weeks or longer. Complications are not common but can be serious and include pneumonia, bronchitis and sinus and ear infections. Treatment usually include antipyretics and antiviral medications as tamiflu.. I hope you find this helpful..