How can infection around a cut wound be treated?

Question
i have raw skin under the tape of the wafer anything i can do to releave the discomfort ?
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload a photo and provide some information

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question.

Can you please upload a photo of the skin so I can have a look at it? You can do so under the report section.

Also can you please explain the discomfort that you have? - pain? itchiness?

For how ling have you had this problem? Is it getting worse? How is it changing?

Any other information you can provide, the more helpful I will be able to be with accurate advises.

Looking forward to your follow up question.

Follow-up: How can infection around a cut wound be treated? 50 minutes later
don't know how to send a pic. the discomfort is a pain, raw skin and open sores

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Instructions on how to upload a photo

Detailed Answer:

It is very difficult to give advises without having the information I need above. Please answer the questions as I wrote them above. I may harm more then help if I give advises without making sure what the problem is.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

Dr. Papaqako

Follow-up: How can infection around a cut wound be treated? 5 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Irritated, possible infected skin.

Detailed Answer:

I saw carefully your photo.

With the information I have, I think you should take care of that wound, by preventing to make it worse.

Be careful when you use bandages around it. Select a non-stick or fabric bandage manufactured for sensitive skin. Apply over any raw areas, securing adhesive edges to healthy skin. This can protect the area from contact with irritants and bacteria.

Apply Vaseline on top of it. If it produces secretions and doesn't get better or worse, you need to see a local doctor who can do some testing to find out the type of infection and the treatment that you need.

Hope this makes sense.
Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Dr. Papaqako