How can indigestion and irregular bowel movement be managed naturally without dependence on medication?
Some tests should be done before treating you for IBS.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a very common disorder which affects the colon (large intestine). It causes indigestion, gas, bloating, abdominal pain and cramping. Irritable bowel syndrome is usually long term. Symptoms may vary from patient to patient.
However, IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion as there is no test to confirm you have IBS. It means that when you have nothing or all your investigations are normal, you are labelled as having IBS.
What exactly is IBS?
- A common disorder affecting the large intestine is irritable bowel syndrome. Abdominal pain, bloating, gas and diarrhea are some of the signs and symptoms of IBS. Foods, stress and other diseases can trigger the problem.
However, the exact cause of irritable bowel syndrome is not yet known but studies suggest that a lot of factors play a major role.
Can you please enclose the reports of endoscopy, ultrasound abdomen, stool test or any other abdominal tests done by your doctor. Before giving further suggestion, I want to go through them.
Were you treated with anti cholinergics like mebeverine etc?
Awaiting your reply.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irregular bowel movements
- Irregular bowel movements first trimester
- Irregular bowel movement with a yellow jelly
- Irregular bowel movement and neck radiation
- Irregular bowel movements due to hypothyroidism
- Irregular bowel movements coughing cold
- How to cure abdominal bloating gas and irregular bowel movement
- Irregular bowel movements and gas
- Causes of irregular bowel movement
- Irregular bowel movements in women