How can i get rid of genital folliculitus? i have
Oral and topical antibiotic
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service . I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
For folliculitis I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin for a week or 10 days. In addition I suggest you to apply an OTC topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Kindly upload images
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in " reports section "
Kindly send clear images
Unfortunately the images are not very clear. Take some images in a well illuminated surrounding. This doesn't look like a folliculitis to me. Moreover it is unlikely that genital folliculitis would persist for that long. This could be something else like a Genital Molluscum or Genital HPV infection. Send me some good quality images
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body