How can i get rid of genital folliculitus? i have

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: How can i get rid of genital folliculitus? i have it since February when the dermatoligist prescribed me with triamcinolone acetonide. The inflammation went away, but the boils are still there
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service . I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

For folliculitis I suggest you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin for a week or 10 days. In addition I suggest you to apply an OTC topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment, twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 40 minutes later
Thank you for your answernDoctor. Question : Do you recommend that i continue using polysporin in place of the Neosporin ointment/mupirocin in addition to the oral antobiotic? Because i've tried the Neosporin by itself in the past
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in " reports section "

take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 44 hours later
Hello Dr. I've uploaded images of the affected area so that you can see. Also, can you please write me a prescription for the Cephalexin and the Mupirocin that you recommended to me?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send clear images

Detailed Answer:
hi.
Unfortunately the images are not very clear. Take some images in a well illuminated surrounding. This doesn't look like a folliculitis to me. Moreover it is unlikely that genital folliculitis would persist for that long. This could be something else like a Genital Molluscum or Genital HPV infection. Send me some good quality images

take care
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
This is the best i can do as far making the pictures clearer. Please tell me how to get rid of this. I was told twice it was genital folliculitus and not hpv . I even took a herpes test. Please help me i do not know what to do
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not Folliculitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
It certainly isn't folliculitis It could either be Genital Molluscum Contagiosum Or it could be HPV.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng