Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

How can i get pregnant having problems of PCOS and irregular periods ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
hi my age 26 female and my height is 5feet 6inches weight is 64kgs ,i have problem of irregula periods ,i have missed periods of 2months my pregnacy tests were negative , my husbands reports all are normal, ihave undergone thyroid test and tsh value is 6.89,i have under gone sonography every thing is 5ne but there is visibilty of pcos,please help me out iam very eager to get preganant
Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Follow-up: How can i get pregnant having problems of PCOS and irregular periods ? 3 minutes later
iam having irregular periods , if i undergone follicular study whether it helps me
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 42 minutes later
Hi Raji,

Thanks for posting your query.

Since your TSH levels are increased and also PCOD is present both can cause problems in conceiving.Follicular study will help to know whether you are ovulating(release of egg)or not.If ovulation is present then chances of fertility are increased.If your thyroid levels have been detected recently then it will take time for the levels to be controlled and that will also increase chances of conceiving.

Relax your self as with both the above issues it can take a year or so for conceiving.Continue taking the medications as prescribed and then after few months get a repeat test for thyroid levels and USG scan to see any changes.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor